Tuesday, January 25, 2011

eternity everyday

This past summer while I was working at JH Ranch, I met with a group of 8 girls each week to be my accountability group. During one of our times together, Anna Beth told us about how earlier that day she was making juice in the kitchen and the Lord revealed himself to her through the red juice and the water mixing together and becoming one. We as humans are stained and unclean, but Jesus reminded Anna Beth that He is pure like the water, and that because of his blood spilt on the cross for us, we can become one with Him and have a sweet relationship with Jesus forever. As a group we decided to pray that the Lord would set eternity in our hearts daily and each time we met again we told each other how Jesus had shown us eternity in our day. I haven't asked the Lord to set eternity in my heart daily in a long time, but today Jesus showed me Himself through my drawing class. This morning I was reading Jesus Calling and it talks about yielding to the Lord's creative work in you and allowing His tempo of life and letting Him set the pace. If we keep our focus and trust in Him, the way before us will open up step by step. Then in my drawing class today, we were working on gesture drawings and I have a really hard time keeping my focus on the scene in front of me. Instead I usually keep looking down at the lines I've drawn and try to make things look the way I think they ought to turn out. My teacher kept reminding me that I'd never get a good piece if I didn't let my own control loose and just focus on what was in front of me. It hit me, that's just what Jesus wants me to do; He wants us all to let loose of our own desire to control everything, or anything for that matter. He wants our focus to be solely on Him. If we trust Him and His creative work in us, each step ahead will open up and begin a beautiful picture in our lives with Him.

"He has set eternity into the hearts of men..." -Ecclesiastes 3:11

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." -2 Corinthians 3:18


No comments:

Post a Comment