Saturday, April 30, 2011

pre-graphic design

i'm finally finished with my freshman year of pre-graphic design classes! woohooo! i loved my drawing and design classes but i won't miss being in biggin all the time. caroline says biggin was eating her friend. i don't really miss pulling all-nighters weekly, but i will miss hanging out with all my friends in the studio when we did have to stay up all night before a project was due. and i will definitely be sad when i don't see them as much next semester because most of them applied for summer graphic design. i do still have 2 exams left to study for, but i am so thankful to have a little more time on my hands to rest and hang out with friends. and now i'll just be waiting to see if I get into graphic design for the fall at the end of the summer. i know it's in the Lord's hands and i trust He will put me right where He wants me to be to glorify His name!

i'm going to post all my projects, i just need to re-take a bunch of the pictures, so here's just one for now.



Drawing 1- this was a project in class one day taking one of my professor's prints and altering them to be our own while leaving a few elements from his print in the piece. Professor Velazquez is also the printmaking teacher and is extremely talented. He co-owns a print company called Drive By Press where he hand cuts designs into wood and then custom prints on site. Hopefully I'll get to take his printmaking class one semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment