Monday, June 4, 2012

Beginning a Beautiful Summer


 The Lord works in His perfect timing. Rains fall and recede at His command. Today it rained for me.

I remember when I was a kid, people would say that when it’s raining, God is crying. But, a few weeks ago when I was home, I noticed one of those Family Circus comics was attached among the smattering of invitations and art on the refrigerator. It was simply an illustration of the family on a hillside, and the word bubble coming from Billy said, “spring must be when God gets his crayons out and colors”. It made me remember all those little sayings like thunder is when God’s drumming and the one about God crying when it rains.

But then I thought, no, rain is water and water brings life. Rain would be when God gets out His watercolors and beautifully paints the world with color and life. Yes, these are just little sayings, but The Lord has had a way of speaking to me through them recently.  Today I do believe He sent the rain just in time to teach me something. So today he sent the rain to let me know he’s here, he does carry my burdens, and he is weeping with me when I’m hurting.  He sent it to heal me and remind me of the times he’s been faithful in healing me before.  For a while now I've been trying so hard to be intentional and I want to spend time with people because I want to be a perfect friend, sister, and daughter and it has weighed so heavy on me recently in ways I didn’t even realize. I don’t have to work and strive. “I will fight for you, you need only to be still.” Trying to do all these things on my own again has caught up with me, and I’m exhausted. I know the Lord has made me perfect already through His son and there is nothing I can do on my own that is good and of worth. He’s reminding me again. Thank you Lord. These rains came to remind me of His truth and his help in my desperate times.

Thank you for grace Lord, pour your buckets of it out on me and let it overflow for your glorious name. Thank you God, thank you for the rain.




No comments:

Post a Comment