Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lavender

So, being in Auburn this summer there aren't a lot of planned things to do. Which I am actually growing to love. This slow pace is relaxing and not having to plan is nice. It adds excitement in everything that comes my way during the day no matter how small. Last weekend when I went home I brought back a pot to paint white (I'm all about natural and simple colors right now, you'll see once I post my website I'm designing right now for one of my interactive projects). I went and bought some lavender seeds to plant. And I find it quite funny how much dirt I had to buy because there wasn't a smaller bag. My last two summers out a JH Ranch I had hoped to go to the lavender fields in Shasta City, but never got the chance, so that was why I choose it for my little white pot. As I planted my seeds the Lord so sweetly reminded me of a huge part of what He taught me throughout last summer. At the end of one of my favorite songs it says, "this seed I've received I will sow". God clearly showed me last summer how he teaches us and fills us to be emptied again. If we weren't emptied we wouldn't need him to be there to fill us more and more. We're emptied when we share what He's revealed to us, to encourage others in Him. And then He is faithful to fill us again and again. So each time I water my little lavender seeds (which is three times a day, I feel like I'm taking care of a little child, hahaha), I'm reminded of this truth. I can't wait to watch it grow and see the beautiful fruit! 

baby lavender


This made me so happy when I got on blogger today! If you don't know, when you have a blog, you can track how many views you have a day and from where, etc. I was so excited to see South Africa show up on my map today:)! That's Allison reading from Cape Town, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment